Happy National Running Day! Are you running today?
I’m planning on running after work. I skipped my hour run yesterday because I had a pretty bad day and even doing my mile for the running streak was hard. So I gave myself a break from any longer distance than that. I generally only run 3-4 runs a week and doing at least a mile everyday is definitely tough and pushing me physically. I can tell my legs are a little tighter and I know I could use more stretching. I’m terrible at stretching. Anybody have any good tips, stretches or videos that help with better stretching. I know I need to do yoga but I took it in college and despised it. I don’t know if there is anyone else out there who loathes yoga but if you’re out there reading lets be friends.
Last Friday I had the apartment all to myself and really was craving Mexican food. It doesn’t help that I saw this recipe for pineapple guacamole and knew I NEEDED to have it. So as I sat at work dreaming of the pineapple guacamole I knew I needed something to go with it. So what can you dip in guacamole? Taquitos of course. I threw together some baked and delicious taquitos to accompany my guacamole. Holy guacamole I had a great dinner for myself and enjoyed it with a little wine and catching up on Drop Dead Diva. Perfect Friday night in.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6-8oz of shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- 10 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Boil chicken in water until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove from water and shred into bite size pieces.
- Place chicken, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix ingredients.
- Heat up corn tortillas in the microwave for 15-30 seconds till they are more pliable.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of mixture on each corn tortilla and roll up. You may need a toothpick to keep them closed. Place on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking oil.
- Repeat until you have filled all the tortillas and used all the mixture.
- Place in oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until corn tortilla exterior is crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!