I have really been liking circuits at the gym lately. I have been struggling in the past few months to get enough weights in and circuits have helped me get in weights and keep my heart rate pounding. It only takes a few minutes to put a circuit together or find one online and jot it down to take with me to the gym. My favorite part about planning it out before hand is I can’t waste time wondering what I should do or bouncing around between things. I have a set plan and I go in and get it done. I find I waste FAR less time now than I use to. It’s nice with only a small window of time to get a workout in.
I think the one I yesterday was on of the hardest ones I’ve done. Holy cow was I sweaty sweaty mess after this one and today I can definitely feel it in my legs. I decided to switch it up today and did the circuit before doing cardio. After I completed this circuit I did some core moves and then did about 15 minutes on the elliptical. It was a nice change of pace but man the last thing I wanted to do after this was cardio but I made myself.
Pheww I will need to do that one again for sure. What do you need after a great workout? Chips of course – DUH. But not just any old chips. You need zucchini chips! I was so anxious to try them that I may have taken them out a few minutes too soon. Please try to refrain from taking them out till they have a nice crunch to them. Don’t get me wrong they were still delish but I think they would have been even better with a little more crunch.
A word of caution – make these at your own risk. They are addictive and it will be hard to stop once you’ve tasted one. Well that was the case for me. Maybe you guys have better self control than me.🙂
Baked Zucchini Chips
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices
- Mix together salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl
- Place milk in another bowl
- Dip zucchini slices in milk
- Coat zucchini slices in bread crumb mixture making sure to coat both sides
- Place coated slices on a greased cooking sheet
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side then flip
- Cook an additional 5-7 minutes on the other side or until browned and crispy
- Eat and enjoy!