I saw a post or two about this thing called Foodie Penpals. It piqued my interest so I decided to join for the month of March. Best decision ever! I go an AWESOME box from my penpal – Malia at Self Professed Product Obsessed. She is a sweetheart who is on a mission to find the perfect product that does it all. If she finds it I definitely want to know! She’s funny and has tons of product reviews to help you find some great products. Check Malia out!
With the difficult month I’ve had Malia’s box definitely brought a smile to my face. First of all I think she must have got in my head somehow because she included two of my favorite things ever – chocolate and almond butter. Girl is a genius! She also included some delicious looking Raspberry Mustard that I haven’t got to try yet, some licorice which will be nice for my multiple visits to the theater to see The Hunger Games and some onion garlic pistachios that I devoured in 2.5 seconds flat (HOLY YUM).
I’m so happy with my great things I wouldn’t normally get for myself and a few new to me things I’m stoked about trying and/or buying more of. I can’t wait to see what shows up at my doorstep next month and what I put together for my penpal match. Lindsey from the Lean Green Bean is the mastermind behind it all and does a great job organizing and keeping everything running smoothly. Major props to her!
Here is a little information about how it works.You don’t have to be a blogger to participate! For more in depth information please visit here.
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!
- The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only.
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!