It’s been a long week for me. Not quite sure how that works out considering I only worked 3 days of it. Those three days felt like long torture ridden days. But like every other week, Friday comes and today had an added bonus because it was pay day and the day Hunger Games comes out. Yes I read the books
five three times and I read the first one in less than 24 hours about a year ago. I’m sad I know but I embrace it. I’ve been waiting for this movie forEVER. It’s finally here and I have tickets to see it Sunday with friends. I may or may not be dragging Darren to see it tonight with me and it’s already decided I’m seeing it with my mom in the next two weeks. Is three times in the theater too much? I think not.I LOVED the books, the story, and the characters. The movie looks to be great – not a disastrous, terribly cast, mess like Twilight another popular series I enjoyed reading. So wish me luck as I take to the crowds and squealing girls for not one but three times seeing this movie. If we’re being real I’ll probably squeal, cry and see it more times than three. Not ashamed.
Onto my Five for Friday. Here are 5 things I’m currently obsessed with.
- Europe – I’ve never been and am in the midst of finalizing all the details of my trip in September to Ireland and Italy. SO EXCITED! I’ve been making lists and checking them 100 times and hoping my excitement will make September come faster.
- Chevron pattern – I don’t know why but after seeing it a few weeks ago I want to decorate my entire house in it. Literally if they had chevron patterned carpet I’d probably want it. Is that weird? Probably but I’m OK with it.
- Hunger games – DUH. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock I’m pretty sure you’ve seen the 5 million articles about the movie since it did come out TODAY. I think i’ve read every article posted about Hunger Games. I can’t confirm that I may have read some twice.
- Bad Girl Lash mascara – I’m always looking for new make up but hate paying full price to find that I hate something. Lucky for me I’m a part of House Party and they picked me to do a party for Benefit make up. They sent me an absolutely AMAZING box of goodies to give to my friends to try at the party I’m throwing Sunday. This mascara is AMAZING so far. Once the sample is gone will I shell out 20 bucks for the real deal? It will be painful but I just might do it.
- Cadbury Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs – These mini eggs are the devil that somehow finds it way into my life every year around this time. Usually the regular ones I can somewhat resist probably only because after a few they make my tummy hurt. But hot damn they have dark chocolate ones and Darren’s mom gave me a bag. Holy cow they are delicious and not even the slightest bit healthy for me. Good thing I started working out again.
That’s all for Five for Friday this week. I’m off to go read more articles and reviews of the Hunger Games. I’m obsessed – I know. Have a fantastic weekend everyone and check in tomorrow for my Chicken Adobo recipe. It turned out so well and was way easier than I remembered.